Your Reaction to this story
SUPPORT THE CUI!
CU Independent's Recent Tweets
Dan Fatigato – Sports Editor – overall: 43-23, .652 pct., last week: 5-7,
(8) West Virginia 37, Pittsburgh 20 – With their title chances dashed, the Mountaineers take their frustration out on Pitt.
(1) Ohio State 34, (2) Michigan 17 – The big game won’t match the hype, as Troy Smith, Ted Ginn and the Buckeye crowd prove to be too much.
(15) Auburn 23, Alabama 10 – Tigers bounce back after last week’s embarrassment to punish in-state rivals in the ‘Bama Bowl.
(4) USC 38, (17) California 14 – The Trojans are rejuvenated after reclaiming No. 3 in the BCS, and only Notre Dame can derail their title plans.
(19) Virginia Tech 17, (14) Wake Forest 14 – The Hokies ruined Clemson’s dream season and I fully expect them to do the same to Wake.
(20) Boston College 24, (21) Maryland 21 – This one will be close, but I’ll give the Eagles the slight edge because they’re playing at home.
Kansas State 38, Kansas 31 – After knocking off Texas, the Wildcats are brimming with confidence and not even Todd Reesing can save the day for Kansas.
Texas Tech 44, Oklahoma State 34 – Red Raiders are so up and down, who knows what team will show up. I’m betting it will be the good team, as opposed to the squad who got rallied by CU.
Cincinnati 22, (7) Rutgers 20 – Here’s your upset special. The Scarlet Knights get caught looking ahead and too caught up in BCS talk as Cincy sneaks up on them.
Penn State 18, Michigan State 14 – Nittany Lions win one for JoePa.
Arizona 24, Oregon 17 – Fresh off last week’s upset over Cal, the Wildcats are riding a wave of momentum into the land of the terrible uniforms.
UCLA 31, Arizona State 28 – This one could go either way, and to be honest this is a flat-out guess. I just dislike ASU.
Kyle McDaniel – Basketball Beat – overall: 43-23, .652, last week: 8-4
(8) West Virginia 28, Pittsburgh 17 – West Virginia is really good and I don’t think Pitt really has much of a chance.
(2) Michigan 24, (1) Ohio State 21- Michigan wants this game bad. I think they can pull off the upset.
(15) Auburn 35, Alabama 10- The Tigers will beat-up on their in-state rival. Auburn is a little up and down, but they should win this game.
(4) USC 24, (17) California 17- USC will not lose this game. They are back in national championship territory and won’t blow it.
(14) Wake Forest 21, (19) Virginia Tech 17- You have to show those Demon Deacons some respect.
(20) Boston College 17, (21) Maryland 10- Boston College should win their final game at home.
Kansas State 28, Kansas 20- After beating Texas, this will feel like a walk in the park for Kansas State.
Oklahoma State 24, Texas Tech 17- This should be a good game, but the Cowboys will make fewer mistakes than the Red Raiders.
(7) Rutgers 35, Cincinnati 17- I will not pick against Rutgers; they have some much momentum right now that this game doesn’t seem fair.
Penn State 24, Michigan State 21- Michigan State is having a lousy season, and this loss to Penn State won’t help much either.
Oregon 35, Arizona 28- This one is going to be close, especially since Arizona is peaking right now. However, Oregon should take this game.
UCLA 28, Arizona State 24- UCLA has a worse record, but they are definitely a better team.
Brian Beer – Sports Writer – overall: 36-16, .692, last week: 7-3
(8) West Virginia 33, Pittsburgh 21 – Mountaineers keep BCS Bowl Game hopes alive with victory over Big East rival Pittsburgh.
(2) Michigan 28, (1) Ohio 24 – Biggest game of the year.
(15) Auburn 23, Alabama 17 – Auburn keeps all-time undefeated record against Alabama in Tuscaloosa intact with a win.
(4) USC 27, (17) California 23 – Trojans keep gaining momentum as they triumph over reeling California in this Golden State showdown.
(14) Wake Forest 24, (19) Virginia Tech 20 – Wake will prove worthy of its ranking with win over potent Hokies in ACC slugfest.
(21) Maryland 19, (20) Boston College 16 – Surging and surprising Terrapins keep winning streak alive in critical ACC match-up.
Kansas State 31, Kansas 27 – State upends Jayhawks in battle for the Sunflower State.
Texas Tech 36, Ohio State 24 – Harrell fires Tech past Buckeyes in battle for Big 12 pride.
(7) Rutgers 20, Cincinnati 19 – Scarlet Knights due for letdown, but still survive against dangerous Bearcats.
Penn State 24, Michigan State 13 – Nittany Lions win one for their coach stuck at home.
Oregon 31, Arizona 28 – Ducks ride powerful offense past Wildcats in shootout.
Arizona State 27, UCLA 17 – Bruins come up short in the desert against dangerous Sun Devils team.
Stirling Wade – Basketball Beat – overall: 38-28, .576, last week: 6-6
(8) West Virginia 31, Pitt 21- The Mountaineers are going to a BCS bowl game.
(1) Ohio State 21, (2) Michigan 13 – This won’t be a high-scoring game but the home crowd gives the Buckeyes the edge.
Alabama 14, (15) Auburn 10 – Remember when Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville was talking about how Auburn was going to get shafted by the BCS? Ha.
(4) USC 35, (17) California 21 – USC had its one conference loss for the next three years two weeks ago.
(19) Virginia Tech 18, (14) Wake Forest 14- Every time an ACC team climbs this high in the rankings they lose.
(20) BC 21, (21) Maryland 17 – Another battle of ACC teams that are good but not that good.
Kansas State 38, Kansas 24- Ron Prince has done a magnificent job at Kansas State.
Texas Tech 28, Oklahoma State 27 – I don’t know. I really have no clue.
(7) Rutgers 24, Cincinnati 21- Rutgers survives a scare after its big win over Louisville
Penn State 28, Michigan State 21 – I have no faith in lame duck John L. Smith and his Spartans.
Oregon 30, Arizona 17 – Oregon bounces back.
Arizona State 27, UCLA 21 – I like Carl Dorrell. I hope he wins this one. He won’t.
Scott Lasher – Football Beat – overall: 37-28, .569, last week: 6-6
(8) West Virginia 40, Pittsburgh 17 – The Mountaineers are having a hard time figuring out how Rutgers beat Louisville and they didn’t.
(2) Michigan 27, (1) Ohio State 24 – The biggest game of the season lives up to the hype, and the Wolverines’ victory sets up a possible rematch in the National Championship game.
(15) Auburn 30, Alabama 20 – Ever wonder why Auburn has two mascots? The Tiger must have chipped a tooth and the War Eagle sprained a wing, because Auburn has floundered amidst high expectations.
(4) USC 24, (17) California 18 – That loss to Arizona will hurt the Golden Bears for a while.
(14) Wake Forest 28, (19) Virginia Tech 20 – Call this one a hopeful pick. It would be great to see the Deacons win the ACC.
(21) Maryland 31, (20) Boston College 16 – The Terps have been up and down, but they will be up in this game.
Kansas State 38, Kansas 21 – Josh Freeman is going to be very good. VERY good.
Texas Tech 34, Oklahoma State 25 – Both teams have had surprising victories this season. It should come as no surprise that Tech wins this one, though.
(7) Rutgers 17, Cincinnati 0 – Rutgers and BCS bowl in the same sentence? Didn’t think it would happen in my lifetime.
Michigan State 26, Penn State 24 – In the Big 10, there is Ohio State and Michigan, and then there is everyone else. These teams obviously fall into the latter, less prestigious category.
Arizona 21, Oregon 17 – Where did the Wildcats come from? All of the sudden, Tucson is Upset Central.
Arizona State 35, UCLA 10 – This one ought to be a snoozer.
Katie Hearsum – Sports Writer – overall: 33-23, .589, last week: 7-5
(8) West Virginia 24, Pittsburgh 20 – I think the Mountaineers will climb to the top of this century-old rivalry.
(1) Ohio State 104, (2) Michigan 3 – Can’t wait to see what my corn-fed homeboys are going to do to Michigan. Troy Smith for Heisman! GO BUCKS, Michigan sucks.
(15) Auburn 17, Alabama 10- The Tigers need a rebound from their startling loss last week to regain their confidence.
(4) USC 28, (17) California 17 – The Trojans have a foggy view of the national title to motivate them during this match-up.
(19) Virginia Tech 31, (14) Wake Forest 20 – Tech looks to ruin Wake’s dream season.
(20) Boston College, (21) Maryland -With both teams vying for the ACC championship game, it’s going to be a close call. Pretty sure BC will be able to wrap up this one at home.
Kansas State 17, Kansas 7 – There’s never a better way to end a season than with an in-state rivalry. The Wildcats have more to win with this game than the Jayhawks, which will drive them to victory.
Oklahoma State 42, Texas Tech 31 – It’s hard to tell what will happen in this Big 12 match-up, but my hunch is that the Cowboys will ride off into the sunset with this one.
(7) Rutgers 27, Cincinnati 10 – Rutgers will remain undefeated for the time being.
Penn State 17, Michigan State 13 – The Nittany Lions are likely to rally around JoePa.
Oregon 24, Arizona 10 – The Wildcats’ recent luck will run out and they will lose their eighth consecutive game to the Ducks.
UCLA 26, Arizona State 16 – To be honest, I don’t know anything about these two teams to form an educated opinion. This is my best guess.
Dorian Lawson – Sports Writer – overall: 26-20, .565, last week: 8-4
(8) West Virginia 38, Pittsburgh 12 – Absolutely no reason for them to drop this one.
(1) Ohio State 35, (2) Michigan 31 – Troy Smith should win the Heisman, and Heisman winners don’t lose games like this.
(15) Auburn 27, Alabama 14 – It hurts me when Auburn loses, but they don’t do that twice in a row.
(4) USC 30, (17) California 24 – USC fans still have delusions of a national championship game, and those will continue for a little while.
(14) Wake Forest 27, (19) Virginia Tech 10 – Wake’s offense will be flying and the ACC title game is that much closer.
(20) Boston College 17, (21) Maryland 13 – Bad showing last week for Maryland cost them some much-needed confidence going into this one.
Kansas State 21, Kansas 3 – I refuse to believe the Jayhawks will ever be better than the Buffs.
Texas Tech 23, Oklahoma State 14 – Home field wins this fight to keep out of the Big 12 South basement.
Cincinnati 27, (7) Rutgers 24 – Go Bearcats. They’ve been beaten up by a though schedule, and Rutgers’ unbeaten streak needs to end.
Penn State 17, Michigan State 7 – Paterno needs this to top off a mediocre season.
Oregon 28, Arizona 16 – Don’t mess with the Ducks, they’re angry now.
UCLA 24, Arizona State 7 – Hopefully the Bruins aren’t looking too far ahead to USC, I don’t see them falling apart at night in the desert.